Are you unsure which refill you need for your Faber-Castell pen?
This ultimate Faber-Castell refill guide shows you every refill Faber-Castell makes for their pens, which pens they fit, and alternatives from other brands where available.
Table of Contents
- 1. About Faber-Castell
- 2. Faber-Castell Ballpoint Pen Refills
- 3. Faber-Castell Rollerball Pen Refills
- 3.1. Faber-Castell Standard Rollerball Pen Refill
- 3.2. Faber-Castell Magnum Rollerball Pen Refill
- 3.3. Graf von Faber-Castell Finewriter Rollerball Pen Refill
- 4. Faber-Castell Fountain Pen Refills
- 5. Faber-Castell Pencil Refills
- 6. Where Can I Buy Cheap Faber-Castell Pen Refills?
1. About Faber-Castell
Established in 1761, Faber-Castell is a German manufacturer of pens, pencils, and drawing equipment that manufactures luxury and fine-writing instruments under the Graf Von Faber-Castell brand name.
Faber-Castell refills are usually a standard size that you can interchange with refills from other brands.
Except for the Faber-Castell Magnum Rollerball pen refill, a bespoke size that only fits certain Faber-Castell rollerball pens.
2. Faber-Castell Ballpoint Pen Refills
Faber-Castell makes two ballpoint pen refills, a mini D1 refill & G2 Parker Style refill. Both are a standard size, and you can use them in Faber-Castell ballpoint pens and pens from other manufacturers that take this type of refill.
In the following sections, we go into more detail about each.
2.1. Faber-Castell Ballpoint Pen Refill
The Faber-Castell ballpoint pen refill is a metal refill that is a standard Parker-style G2 refill. It is available in the following ink colors and tip sizes:
- Medium Tip – Black, Blue
- Broad Tip – Black, Blue
- Extra Broad Tip – Black, Blue
Faber-Castell Ballpoint Pen Refill Pen Compatibility
The Faber Castell ballpoint refill fits most of their ballpoint pens but not all of them. The easiest way to be sure is to compare your refill with the standard refill in the above image.
The following pens take Faber-Castell standard-size G2 refills:
- Faber-Castell Ambition Ballpoint Pen
- Faber-Castell Basic Ballpoint Pen
- Faber-Castell e-motion Ballpoint Pen
- Faber-Castell Essentio Ballpoint Pen
- Faber-Castell Grip 2011
- Faber-Castell Grip Plus (New Style)
- Faber-Castell Hexo Ballpoint Pen
- Faber-Castell Loom Ballpoint Pen
- Faber-Castell Neo Slim Ballpoint Pen
- Faber-Castell n’ice Ballpoint Pen
- Faber-Castell Ondoro Ballpoint Pens
- Faber-Castell Polly Ball Ballpoint Pen
- Graf von Faber-Castell Ballpoint Pens
Alternative Faber-Castell Ballpoint Pen Refills
The Faber-Castell ballpoint pen refill is a standard size G2 refill often referred to as a Parker Style refill as they originally had the design patent.
However, Parker relinquished the patent, and the design was incorporated into Iso Standard 1257-1, a guideline for manufacturers to make uniform-size refills.
As the Faber-Castell ballpoint pen is a G2 refill, it will fit many different pens made by other manufacturers, and any G2 refill will fit a Faber-Castell ballpoint pen.
Check out our Ultimate Guide to Parker Style Refills for information on over 35 different Parker Style G2 refills from the leading pen manufacturers.
2.2. Faber-Castell D1 Multi-Pen Ballpoint Pen Refill
Faber-Castell no longer makes any multipens but is still making a D1 ballpoint pen refill that fits older Faber-Castell multipens.
It has a medium tip and black or blue ink.
D1 is a standard-size refill many manufacturers use in compact and multi-function pens.
Check out our Ultimate Guide to D1 Pen Refills for more information.
Faber-Castell D1 Ballpoint Pen Refill Pen Compatibility
The Faber-Castell D1 refill will fit the following Faber-Castell multipens:
- Faber-Castel Stylus Multipen
- Faber-Castel Trio Multipen
- Faber- Castell Twice Multipen
3. Faber-Castell Rollerball Pen Refills
Faber-Castell Rollerball Pen Refills are available as a standard Euro Format refill and a large propriety capacity refill.
They also make a fine writer refill with a fiber tip that is a standard-sized refill.
3.1. Faber-Castell Standard Rollerball Pen Refill
The Faber-Castell Standard Rollerball pen refill has a medium tip and black or blue ink. The refill is a Euro Format standard-size refill that you can use in most Faber-Castell rollerball pens and pens from other manufacturers fitted with this type of refill.
Check out our Ultimate Guide to Euro Format Refills for more information.
Faber-Castell Standard Rollerball Pen Refill Pen Compatibility
The Faber-Castell Standard Rollerball pen refill fits the following pens:
- Faber-Castell Ambition Rollerball Pen
- Faber-Castell e-motion Rollerball Pen
- Faber-Castell Essentio Rollerball Pen
- Faber-Castell Hexo Rollerball Pen
- Faber-Castell Loom Rollerball Pen
- Faber-Castell Neo Slim Rollerball Pen
- Faber-Castell Ondoro Rollerball Pens`
- Most Graf von Faber-Castell Rollerball Pens*
*Does not fit pens fitted with the Faber-Castell Magnum refills.
3.2. Faber-Castell Magnum Rollerball Pen Refill
The Faber-Castell Magnum rollerball pen refill is a large-capacity liquid ink refill with a precision ruby tip available in black or blue ink.
Although it looks similar to a standard euro-format rollerball pen refill, its plastic cap is different; therefore, it will not fit other pens except those listed here.
Faber-Castell Magnum Rollerball Pen Refill Pen Compatibility
The Faber-Castell Magnum Rollerball pen refill fits the following pens:
- Graf von Faber-Castell Intuition Rollerball Pens
- Graf von Faber-Castell Magnum Rollerball Pens
- Graf von Faber-Castell Snakewood Rollerball Pen of the Year 2003
- Graf von Faber-Castell Amber Rollerball Pen of the Year 2004
- Graf von Faber-Castell Galuchat Rollerball Pen of the Year 2005
- Graf von Faber-Castell Mammoth Ivory Rollerball Pen of the Year 2006
- Graf von Faber-Castell Petrified Wood Rollerball Pen of the Year 2007
- Graf von Faber-Castell Indian Satinwood Rollerball Pen of the Year 2008
- Graf von Faber-Castell Horsehair Rollerball Pen of the Year 2009
- Graf von Faber-Castell Walnut Wood Rollerball Pen of the Year 2010
- Graf von Faber-Castell Jade Rollerball Pen of the Year 2011
- Graf von Faber-Castell Oak Wood Rollerball Pen of the Year 2012
- Graf von Faber-Castell Catherine Palace St. Petersburg Rollerball Pen of the Year 2014
- Graf von Faber-Castell Sanssouci Potsdam Rollerball Pen of the Year 2015
- Graf von Faber-Castell Schloss Schönbrunn Vienna Rollerball Pen of the Year 2016
- Graf von Faber-Castell Vikings Rollerball Pen of the Year 2017
- Graf von Faber-Castell Imperium Romanum Rollerball Pen of the Year 2018
- Graf von Faber-Castell Samurai Rollerball Pen of the Year 2019
- Graf von Faber-Castell Sparta Rollerball Pen of the Year 2020
- Graf von Faber-Castell Knights Rollerball Pen of the Year 2021
- Graf von Faber-Castell Aztecs Rollerball Pen of the Year 2022
3.3. Faber-Castell Fineliner Rollerball Pen Refill
The Faber-Castell Fineliner pen refill is a Euro Format standard-size refill you can use in most Faber-Castell rollerball pens and pens from other manufacturers fitted with this type.
Its barrel is made from metal and has a metal-clad fiber tip with a choice of black or blue ink.
Faber-Castell Fineliner Rollerball Pen Refill Pen Compatibility
The Faber-Castell Fineliner Rollerball pen refill fits the following pens:
- Faber-Castell Grip 2010 Finewriter Rollerball Pen
- Faber-Castell Grip 2011 Finewriter Rollerball Pen
4. Faber-Castell Fountain Pen Refills
Faber-Castell makes a wide range of fountain pens fitted with an ink converter and supplies bottled ink.
4.1. Faber-Castell Fountain Pen Ink Converter
The Faber-Castell fountain pen ink converter is a twist-action piston converter that allows you to use bottled ink instead of fountain pen ink cartridges.
Although Faber-Castell does not manufacture ink cartridges, their fountain pens take international standard-size ink cartridges.
Their ink converter fits Faber-Castell fountain pens and may also be suitable for pens manufactured by other brands using standard ink cartridges.
The Graf Von Faber-Castell Ink Converter is designed for the high-end Graff von Faber-Castell Fountain Pens.
4.2. Faber- Castell Fountain Pen Ink Bottles
Faber-Castell bottled ink is a high-quality ink, and they supply it in the following colors in 30ml ink bottles:
- Royal Blue
Black and Royal blue ink is also available in larger 62.5ml bottles, which offers better value for frequent writers in these colors.
5. Faber-Castell Pencil Refills
Faber-Castell is renowned for the quality of its wooden pencils, and the company can trace its roots back to 1761. Their mechanical pencils are famous for their reliability, and the lead refills for their intense black lines.
If you want to know more about high-quality pencil lead refills, check out our Ultimate Guide to the Best Mechanical Pencil Lead.
5.1. Faber-Castell Super Polymer Leads
Faber-Castell Super Polymer Leads is a high-quality replacement lead refill from one of Europe’s oldest pencil manufacturers.
They are available in the following lead diameters and grades:
- 0.3/0.35mm – HB, B, H, 2H
- 0.5mm – HB, 2B, F, B, H, 2H, 3H
- 0.7mm – HB, 2B, B, H, 2H
- 0.9/1.0mm – HB, B
- 1.4mm – B
5.2. Faber-Castell Clutch Pencil Leads
Faber-Castell makes 2.0mm and 3.25mm lead refills in various grades.
Faber-Castell 2.0mm Lead Refills
Faber-Castell TK9071, 2.0mm lead, fits the Faber-Castell TK4600, TK9500, and TK9600 clutch pencils. It is 130mm long and available in HB, 2B, 3B, B, H, 2H, 3H, and 4H lead grades.
You can also use it in any other brand of pencil that takes 2.0mm lead refills.
Faber-Castell 3.15mm Leads
Faber-Castell TK9071, 3.15mm lead, fits the Faber-Castell TK9400 clutch pencils. It is 130mm long and available in 4B, 5B, 6B lead grades.
You can also use it in any other brand of pencil that takes 3.15mm lead refills.
6. Where Can I Buy Cheap Faber-Castell Pen Refills?
If you want to save money and buy cheap Faber-Castell refills, then Amazon is probably as good as anywhere. Many other online stores will sell them, but they struggle to compete with Amazon on prices and postal costs.
Don’t forget you can save money on buying Faber-Castell refills by searching Amazon for one of the alternative refills listed in this Guide.
If you have a pen from a different manufacturer, check out Pen Brands Refill Guides, where there is a complete list of our in-depth refill guides for each manufacturer.
For more information about the different types of pen refills, check out our Ultimate Pen Refill Guide.